Today was a great day!
Buck and I spent 5 hours in the kitchen together. We cooked, we talked, we listened to two episodes of This American Life, as well as plenty of Prince on Pandora. We wore silly aprons and moved around one another pretty seamlessly as he made 1 pie, 1 cheesecake, and a crisp, while I made 2 side dishes (vegan green bean casserole and cranberry sauce), caramel sauce, and 50 rolls for Gobble Gobble Give. It was lovely!
This morning we went to the farmer’s market in Santa Monica with Wyatt and then braved the afternoon rush of the grocery store on the Thanksgiving Eve in LA.
Tomorrow we will go to the Coffman house to celebrate with our friends. Annie calls it “Orphan Thanksgiving” and I like that name. In the morning we will go put some meals together for the homeless through Gobble Gobble Give. This is our first time volunteering with this organization, but hopefully things are well organized and we can do some good.
Today was also the birthday of my best friend, Kate (yes, also Kate). Here are some things I love about Kate:
- She is incredibly kind and generous.
- She is really pretty, but it’s not something she has to work at. She doesn’t work out regularly, or wear much make up and yet she is gorgeous!
- She makes beautiful babies and she shares them with you when you just need some baby snuggle love.
- She enjoys the simple things like tea, and a good magazine.
- She doesn’t watch TV and she’s way behind on her movie viewing, and I think she actually has more brain cells because of it.
- She laughs at just about anything. Got a dumb joke? Tell it to Kate and she’s likely to laugh!
- The girl can EAT! And yet she never gains a pound. And if she did gain a pound, she wold not care in the least. Because (and here is my very favorite thing)
- She has her priorities in order. It’s really admirable.
I miss Kate all the time and wish we lived closer so that we could have tea time in person instead of via phone/skype, but I take what I can get. Twenty years as BFF and SF does not feel like a long time because you’ve made it so fun. I love you.
Darling Reader, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so many things…right now, I am feeling really thankful for your readership. I really enjoy writing this blog and have no idea who actually reads it. But knowing that people do, and seeing comments come back is really neat. So, thank you for checking in. I hope you enjoy the holiday!
I’ll be back with updates on a few births I had, some Diva talk, and more stuff like that.